Medimpact is the pharmacy benefit manager for the BCI medical and certain regional plans. You will receive a prescription drug ID card from MedImpact, which is separate from your medical ID card, mailed to your home.
All Company-owned pharmacies are staffed with highly trained pharmacists and pharmacy technicians who treat your health with care and confidentiality.
MedImpact network pharmacies are only covered if the pharmacy is more than 10 miles from a Company-owned pharmacy.
If you need help with finding a network pharmacy, please contact MedImpact at 888-402-1984.
Things to consider
The cost of your prescription depends on whether the drug is considered specified preventive, generic, brand preferred or brand non-preferred.
- Specified preventive drugs: These are drugs specified on the essential drug list covered at 100% if filled at a Company or Medimpact network pharmacy. If you are enrolled in the HSA plan, additional preventive drugs are covered at 100% based on a formulary.
- Generic drugs: These drugs are sold under the drug’s chemical name and contain the same active ingredients and equivalent strength and dosage to the brand-name equivalent.
- Brand preferred drugs: You pay a lower copay for brand preferred drugs on the drug formulary compared to brand non-preferred drugs that are not on the drug formulary.
- Brand non-preferred drugs: You pay the highest copay for brand non-preferred drugs that are not on the drug formulary.
- Specialty medications: Our in-house Specialty Care Services are available to help you fill prescriptions for select specialty medications. Specialty medications are for complex diseases like HIV, mental health, autoimmune disorders and cancer. If this applies to you, your pharmacist will connect you with our Specialty Care team.
Download Medimpact App: Here